Mersive recommends that customers who deploy Solstice Discovery Service (SDS) configure the Windows host machine to automatically restart the service if it ever stops running. Enabling the auto-restart of SDS on the Windows host machine will reduce the risk of SDS becoming unreachable by the Solstice Pods, apps, Dashboard, and/or Windows Display Software instances.
To configure SDS to auto-restart if the service goes down, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Windows Start menu and search for “Services”.
- Open the Services desktop app.
- Find Solstice Discovery Service in the list, then right-click and select Properties.
- Go to the Recovery tab.
- For the First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures options, select Restart the Service from the drop-downs.
- Click Apply, then click OK.